Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Troubles

Rough night. Tried to break the chat logic out into a separate module / class. It didn't work well. For some reason the client repository wasn't getting references to the chat manager or the asteroids. The only thing I was seeing in the doId2do list was the time manager.

I suspect that for some reason, it wasn't setting interest in zone 101, which is the starting system that includes the avatar, asteroids, and chat manager object. The avatar was being created in zone 101 though. As I understand it, creating an object in an interest zone automatically sets interest in that zone.

Anyway, ended up doing a revert against the SVN server, and got everything reset to where it was when I started and it all works again. Maybe I can create a separate module without making a chat manager class...

No comments:

Post a Comment